The Hampton Pirates (4-6) look to put an end to the six-game winning streak of Missouri State when they travel to JQH Arena to clash against the Bears (8-2). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 8, 2017.
Hampton Pirates vs. Missouri State Bears Betting Preview
The Pirates lost to the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers in their last matchup, 85-81. With 29 points on 10-for-17 shooting, Kalin Fisher was the games high scorer. Coastal Carolina had a free throw rate of 0.317 (above their season average of 0.261). Hampton, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 15.4).
In the Bears last matchup, they defeated the North Dakota State Bison, 71-58. With 21 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Alize Johnson was the games leading scorer. The Bears held the Bison to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.8 (below their season average of 20.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.533 (above their season average of 0.505).
Missouri State appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Bears currently rank 76th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.425), while Hampton is 300th in effective field goal percentage (0.481). This game should be a matchup of opposite tempos. The fast-paced Pirates rank 28th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bears rank 305th.
Hampton Pirates at Missouri State Bears Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hampton, ATS Winner – Hampton, O/U – Over
- The Bears rank 98th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8) while the Pirates rank 225th (22.7).
- Hampton ranks 232nd in steals per game (5.3) while Missouri State ranks 234th (5.1).
- Missouri State ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while Hampton ranks 238th (37.0).
- The Bears rank 59th in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while the Pirates rank 230th (4.3).
- Hampton ranks 84th in assists per game (14.9) while Missouri State ranks 227th (13.2).
- The Bears average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.2, up from 11.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pirates have scored an average of 85.2 points per game (7.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (4.7 below their season average).