The Hampton Pirates (1-3) clash against the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (1-4) in the Legends Classic-Subregional at Calihan Hall. The game is scheduled to start at 12 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
Hampton Pirates vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Greyhounds lost big to the Detroit Titans, 91-63, while the Pirates lost a winnable game to the Bowling Green Falcons, 81-79.
Hampton did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (18-23; 78.3 percent) while Loyola Maryland did a fantastic job of making free throws (10-13; 76.9 percent). Loyola Maryland rallied around Brent Holcombe, who contributed 12 points and 11 rebounds. Jermaine Marrow, meanwhile fueled Hampton with 29 points, six assists and five rebounds.
Hampton could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they battle against one of the NCAA’s worst offenses. The Pirates rank 38th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.474), while Loyola Maryland is 310th in effective field goal percentage (0.483) since the 2017-18 season.
Hampton Pirates vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Hampton ranks 90th in assists per game (14.8) while Loyola Maryland ranks 264th (12.1).
- The Pirates rank 279th in three pointers attempted per game (18.8) while the Greyhounds rank 312th (16.9).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 73rd in steals per game (7.0) while Hampton ranks 100th in steals allowed per game (5.8).
- The Pirates rank ninth in rebounds per game (40.8) while the Greyhounds rank 182nd (35.2).
- Hampton averages 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 108th in the NCAA. Loyola Maryland ranks 258th in blocks allowed per game (4.9).