The Green Bay Phoenix (7-10, 2-2 Hor) look to snap their seven-game road losing streak in a matchup against the Youngstown State Penguins (4-10, 2-0 Hor) at Beeghly Physical Education Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 156.5 points with neither team favored. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Green Bay Phoenix at Youngstown State Penguins Betting Preview
In the Phoenix’s last game, they lost a close one to the Cleveland State Vikings, 80-79. Green Bay’s Khalil Small had a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 30 points on 12-for-19 shooting. Cleveland State had a turnover percentage of 7.1 (better than their season average of 17.6). Green Bay, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.568 (above their season average of 0.476).
The Penguins will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Milwaukee Panthers in their last game, 72-63. With 25 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Cameron Morse was the top scorer from either team. Youngstown State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.6 (better than their season average of 17.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.527 (above their season average of 0.481). For those same stats, Milwaukee recorded marks of 18.1 and 0.455, respectively.
There should be plenty of transition action in this meeting that features a pair of the NCAA’s more up-tempo teams. Youngstown State ranks 23rd in possessions per game (75.4) and Green Bay is 45th (74.2).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Penguins won 92-89. The Penguins played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.254 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.521. For those same stats, the Phoenix had marks of 0.169 and 0.494, respectively.
Green Bay Phoenix at Youngstown State Penguins ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Under
- The Penguins rank 91st in blocks per game (3.6) while the Phoenix rank 160th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Youngstown State averages 21.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 160th in the NCAA. Green Bay ranks 212th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- Youngstown State ranks 14th in steals per game (9.1) while Green Bay ranks 147th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Penguins rank 114th in rebounds per game (37.0) while the Phoenix rank 237th in rebounds allowed per game (39.2).
- Green Bay averages 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 130th in the NCAA. Youngstown State ranks 224th in assists allowed per game (16.6).
- The Penguins average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (0.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (5.4 above their season average).