The Green Bay Phoenix (5-7) can end a five-game road losing streak when they challenge the Wisconsin Badgers (5-7) at Kohl Center. Action starts at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
Green Bay Phoenix vs. Wisconsin Badgers Free Preview
In the Phoenix’s last matchup, they lost a tough one against the Bowling Green Falcons, 81-78. Green Bay’s Khalil Small put together a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Bowling Green did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (27-33; 81.8 percent). Green Bay, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 17.7).
The Badgers come in on a high note after edging the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers in their last game, 81-80. With 17 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Ethan Happ led Wisconsin in scoring. The Badgers had a superb free throw rate of 0.255 (above their season average of 0.203) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.667 (above their season average of 0.503).
The offense of Wisconsin (196th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 104.7) will clash against the top-notch defense of Green Bay (39th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 93.2). The Phoenix figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. It will also be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-breaking Phoenix rank 33rd in possessions per game, while the more methodical Badgers rank 346th.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Badgers won the lone contest played against each other last season, 73-59. The Badgers played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.8 and a free throw rate of 0.241. For those same stats, the Phoenix were 23.4 and 0.123, respectively.
Green Bay Phoenix at Wisconsin Badgers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Wisconsin, O/U – Over
- The Badgers average 5.5 steals per game, which ranks 155th in the nation. The Phoenix rank 160th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Green Bay ranks 13th in rebounds per game (41.3) while Wisconsin ranks 257th (30.8).
- The Badgers rank sixth in three pointers allowed per game (15.8) while the Phoenix rank 220th (25.0).
- Wisconsin ranks 50th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while Green Bay ranks 76th (12.2).
- The Badgers have been outscored by an average of 9.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Wisconsin has defeated opponents by an average of 0.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 82.4 points per game (7.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (5.6 above their season average).