The Green Bay Phoenix (10-17, 5-9 Hor) look to snap a 12-game road losing streak when they meet the Northern Kentucky Norse (18-7, 11-2 Hor) at BB&T Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147.5 points with Northern Kentucky opening as a 16-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Green Bay Phoenix vs. Northern Kentucky Norse ATS Preview
In the Phoenix’s last game, they lost to the Wright State Raiders, 68-64. Sandy Cohen III had a solid performance for Green Bay, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Wright State held the Phoenix to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.5 (below their season average of 28.3). Green Bay, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.5 vs. 16.1).
The Norse will look to keep it rolling after narrowly defeating the Milwaukee Panthers in their last matchup, 54-52. With 16 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Drew McDonald was the games high scorer. The Norse were 6-8 from the foul line (75.0 percent) and held the Panthers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.407 (below their season average of 0.513).
When considering effective field goal percentage, Northern Kentucky figures to have a substantial advantage. The Norse defense ranks 30th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.467), while the Green Bay offense is ranked 305th in effective field goal percentage (0.480).
Of Green Bay’s 22 games with betting action, 12 have finished under the projected point total, while 14 of Northern Kentucky’s 22 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Norse have a substantial advantage. They are 18-7 SU and 14-8 ATS, while the Phoenix are 10-17 SU and 10-11-1 ATS.
McDonald has been impressive over the last five games for Northern Kentucky, averaging 18.2 points, 10.2 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 142 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 151. The Norse won 77-65, covering as 11-point favorites. The Norse’s 11.4 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Phoenix, who had a mark of 24.9. Lavone Holland II had a stellar game, with 16 points and six rebounds.
Green Bay Phoenix vs. Northern Kentucky Norse Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Under
- The Norse rank 22nd in assists per game (17.0) while the Phoenix rank 171st (13.2).
- Northern Kentucky ranks 108th in blocks per game (3.4) while Green Bay ranks 185th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Northern Kentucky is 6-4 ATS at home, while Green Bay is 4-7-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 8 of the Norse’s 10 home games, while 7 of the Phoenix’s 12 road games have gone over.
- Northern Kentucky ranks 80th in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while Green Bay ranks 281st (39.6).
- The Norse rank 68th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while the Phoenix rank 241st (24.3).
- Northern Kentucky ranks 26th in steals per game (7.8) while Green Bay ranks 193rd in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Northern Kentucky is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Green Bay is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Norse’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, down from 13.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (6.7 below their season average).