The Green Bay Phoenix (7-12, 2-4 Hor) can put an end to a nine-game road losing streak when they square off against the IUPUI Jaguars (5-11, 2-3 Hor) at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 146 points with IUPUI opening as a 5.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Green Bay Phoenix at IUPUI Jaguars Betting Preview
The Phoenix fell to the UIC Flames in their last matchup, 84-73. With 27 points on 11-for-21 shooting, Khalil Small was the top scorer from either team. UIC had an effective field goal percentage of 0.655 (above their season average of 0.473). Green Bay, meanwhile, forced the Flames into a turnover percentage of 25.4 (above their season average of 19.9).
The last time the Jaguars played, they beat the Milwaukee Panthers, 72-71. IUPUI rallied around Aaron Brennan, who was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 8-for-17 shooting. IUPUI’s 14.2 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Milwaukee, who had a mark of 19.3. The Jaguars mark was better than their season average of 17.2.
IUPUI figures to have an edge on the offensive glass in this contest. The Jaguars rank 100th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.0 percent), while Green Bay ranks 220th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.5 percent). Contrasting paces will be on display in this showdown. The up-tempo Phoenix rank 37th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Jaguars rank 268th.
These teams have already met once this season. The Jaguars won 67-63. The Jaguars dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 38.1 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.475. The Phoenix were 15.6 and 0.402, respectively, for those same stats. Despite the loss, Small was the games leading scorer with 18 points.
Green Bay Phoenix vs. IUPUI Jaguars Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – IUPUI, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Under
- The Jaguars average 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 110th in the NCAA. The Phoenix rank 153rd in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- Green Bay averages 13.8 assists per game, which ranks 124th in the nation. IUPUI ranks 161st in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Green Bay ranks 62nd in rebounds per game (38.5) while IUPUI ranks 242nd (32.5).
- The Jaguars rank 42nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while the Phoenix rank 203rd (24.3).
- IUPUI ranks 72nd in steals per game (7.0) while Green Bay ranks 156th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Jaguars average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.2, down from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.0 points per game (5.1 above their season average).