The Grand Canyon Antelopes (19-12, 11-6 WAC) challenge the Utah Valley Wolverines (24-8, 13-4 WAC) in the Western Athletic Conference Tourney at Orleans Arena. Action starts at 11:30 p.m. ET on Friday, March 15, 2019.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Utah Valley Wolverines Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Wolverines defeated the UMKC Kangaroos 71-64, while the Antelopes beat the Seattle Redhawks 84-75.
Grand Canyon played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.257) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 29.7). Seattle put up marks of 0.210 and 30.6, respectively, for those same stats. The Wolverines, meanwhile, had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.353 (above their season average of 0.290) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 27.5). Utah Valley rallied around Richard Harward, who finished with 15 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Carlos Johnson was a key piece for Grand Canyon with 31 points and seven rebounds.
The sweet-shooting offense of Utah Valley (21st in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage 0.558) will square off against the mid-tier defense of Grand Canyon (122nd in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.492). The Wolverines figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Utah Valley Wolverines Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Under
- Grand Canyon ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Utah Valley ranks 171st (6.9).
- The Wolverines rank 34th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while the Antelopes rank 68th (32.9).
- The Antelopes rank 16th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while the Wolverines rank 132nd (12.9).
- Grand Canyon ranks 35th in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while Utah Valley ranks 98th (21.2).
- During their last five games, the Antelopes have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (6.4 above their season average).
- The Wolverines’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 6.9 for the season.