The New Mexico State Aggies (21-3, 8-0 WAC) put their 10-game winning streak on the line when they go head-to-head with the Grand Canyon Antelopes (17-8, 6-3 WAC) at Pan American Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. New Mexico State Aggies Betting Preview
In the Antelopes last matchup, they lost a close one to the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 83-81. Grand Canyon’s Casey Benson put together a good performance, contributing 17 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. Texas-Rio Grande Valley held the Antelopes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (below their season average of 33.6). Grand Canyon, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 17.0).
The Aggies will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Bakersfield Roadrunners in their last matchup, 69-43. New Mexico State’s Jemerrio Jones had a good outing, putting up six points and 20 rebounds. New Mexico State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 40.9 (above their season average of 35.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.418 (below their season average of 0.525). For those same stats, Bakersfield was 25.5 and 0.273, respectively.
Points could be at a premium in this meeting between two of the nations premier defenses. New Mexico State ranks third in defensive efficiency (89.4) and Grand Canyon is fifth (90.3).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Antelopes, it’s been Oscar Frayer, who has averaged 10.8 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks, while the Aggies have received great contributions from Jones (14.4 rebounds, 10.0 points, 3.8 assists and 1.2 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. The Aggies won 70-59. The Aggies dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 43.8 and a free throw rate of 0.232. For those same stats, the Antelopes were 16.3 and 0.156, respectively. In the victory, Zach Lofton led all scorers with 29 points.
Grand Canyon Antelopes at New Mexico State Aggies Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Grand Canyon, ATS Winner – Grand Canyon, O/U – Under
- The Antelopes rank 22nd in assists per game (17.0) while the Aggies rank 122nd (14.0).
- New Mexico State ranks ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Grand Canyon ranks 18th (2.4).
- New Mexico State averages 40.5 rebounds per game, which ranks ninth in the NCAA. Grand Canyon ranks 180th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- The Aggies rank 11th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Antelopes rank 125th (6.3).
- Grand Canyon ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (16.0) while New Mexico State ranks 111th (20.9).
- The Aggies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 25.4, up from 13.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Antelopes have scored an average of 80.2 points per game (4.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (5.9 above their season average).