The Louisville Cardinals (9-2) and the Grand Canyon Antelopes (9-3) battle at KFC Yum! Center. The Cardinals will try to extend their five-game winning streak. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Louisville Cardinals ATS Preview
In the Antelopes last outing, they won big over the Longwood Lancers, 86-56. With 11 points, five rebounds and five assists, Grand Canyon’s Casey Benson put together a solid game. Grand Canyon dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 45.7 (above their season average of 31.9) and a turnover percentage of 13.6 (better than their season average of 17.0). Longwood had marks of 21.2 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Cardinals come in on a high note after edging the Albany Great Danes in their last contest, 70-68. With 19 points on 5-for-7 shooting, Quentin Snider was the top scorer from either team. Louisville dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.228 (above their season average of 0.225) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.527). Albany was 0.108 and 0.405, respectively, for those same stats.
Points could be at a premium in this matchup between two of the nations premier defenses. Louisville currently ranks 31st in defensive efficiency (92.1) and Grand Canyon is third (84.3).
Snider has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Louisville, averaging 16.0 points and 3.2 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Cardinals won the sole game played against each other last season, 79-70. Louisville’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Cardinals had 14 offensive rebounds and 36 total rebounds, while the Antelopes had six and 25, respectively.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Louisville Cardinals Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grand Canyon, ATS Winner – Grand Canyon, O/U – Over
- The Cardinals rank second in blocks per game (8.6) while the Antelopes rank 61st (4.4).
- Louisville averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 64th in the NCAA. Grand Canyon ranks 105th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Grand Canyon averages 39.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 46th in the NCAA. Louisville ranks 213th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Antelopes rank 40th in assists per game (16.7) while the Cardinals rank 146th (13.5).
- Grand Canyon ranks 36th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Louisville ranks 141st (22.4).
- The Cardinals average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.8, up from 13.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Antelopes have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 58.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average).