The Boise State Broncos (9-1) welcome the Grand Canyon Antelopes (7-2) to Taco Bell Arena. The Broncos will try to extend their five-game winning streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 134.5 points with Boise State opening as a 12-point favorite. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Boise State Broncos ATS Preview
The Antelopes beat the North Carolina Central Eagles in their last contest, 64-59. Joshua Braun was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 7-for-15 shooting. The Antelopes had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 18.6) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 31.0).
In the Broncos last game, they thoroughly outplayed the Sacramento State Hornets, 77-54. With 21 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Chandler Hutchison was the top scorer from either team. Boise State dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.1 (below their season average of 29.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.605 (above their season average of 0.558). For those same stats, Sacramento State was 9.1 and 0.427, respectively.
Baskets could be hard to come by as two of the NCAA’s premier defenses face off. Boise State ranks fourth in defensive efficiency (98.4) and Grand Canyon is first (93.2) dating back to last season.
Both of these teams have typically gone under the O/U total. Games featuring Grand Canyon have finished under 100.0 percent of the time, while Boise State games have finished under 77.8 percent of the time. The Broncos hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 9-1 SU and 6-3 ATS, while the Antelopes are 7-2 SU and 0-1 ATS.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Boise State Broncos Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boise State, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Antelopes rank 38th in assists per game (14.3) while the Broncos rank 103rd (12.7).
- Grand Canyon averages 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. Boise State ranks 72nd in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- Boise State ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while Grand Canyon ranks 166th (36.2).
- The Antelopes rank second in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while the Broncos rank 107th (18.0).
- Grand Canyon ranks 29th in blocks allowed per game (3.0) while Boise State ranks 108th (4.3).