The South Dakota Coyotes (2-1) will be at home in Sanford Coyote Sports Center when they challenge the Grambling State Tigers (0-2). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Grambling State Tigers at South Dakota Coyotes Free Preview
In the Tigers last matchup, they were beaten by the Iowa Hawkeyes, 85-74. Grambling States Axel Mpoyo had a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Iowa did a great job of making free throws (27-36; 75.0 percent). Grambling State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 17.4).
The Coyotes are trying to rebound after their 76-71 loss to the TCU Horned Frogs in their last contest. Matt Mooney was the games high scorer with 31 points on 12-for-22 shooting. TCU did a terrific job of making free throws (13-15; 86.7 percent). South Dakota, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.6 vs. 19.9).
Based on each teams statistical profile, ball security could play a significant role in this matchup. Dating back to last season, South Dakota has committed the 27th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Grambling State has forced the fourth-most (opponents turnover percentage of 24.6 percent).
Grambling State Tigers at South Dakota Coyotes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Dakota, ATS Winner – South Dakota, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Coyotes rank 215th in assists per game (12.7) while the Tigers rank 292nd (11.3).
- South Dakota ranks 226th in three pointers attempted per game (19.6) while Grambling State ranks 295th (17.7).
- South Dakota ranks 78th in rebounds per game (37.7) while Grambling State ranks 268th (33.4).
- The Coyotes rank 129th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Tigers rank 251st (2.3).
- South Dakota ranks 37th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Grambling State ranks 130th (6.0).