The North Texas Mean Green (3-3) will be at home in The Super Pit when they go head-to-head with the Grambling State Tigers (1-4). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017.
Grambling State Tigers vs. North Texas Mean Green Odds Preview
The Tigers defeated the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros in their last contest, 82-76. Ivy Smith Jr. was Grambling State’s leading scorer with 27 points on 6-for-13 shooting. The Tigers knocked down 31 of their 42 free throws (73.8 percent), while the Vaqueros had a turnover percentage of 22.0 (above their season average of 17.3).
In the Mean Green’s last matchup, they were beaten by the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 63-49. Roosevelt Smart was North Texas high scorer with 14 points on 4-for-11 shooting. Georgia Tech had a turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 19.1). North Texas, on the other hand, held the Yellow Jackets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 7.4 (below their season average of 38.4).
It could be a sloppy game for the North Texas offense. Since last season, North Texas ranks 216th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.2 percent), while the pesky defense of Grambling State has forced the fifth-most turnovers in the nation (24.6 percent).
Grambling State Tigers vs. North Texas Mean Green Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Texas, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mean Green rank 183rd in blocks per game (3.0) while the Tigers rank 253rd (2.4).
- North Texas ranks 177th in assists allowed per game (13.4) while Grambling State ranks 238th (14.5).
- Grambling State averages 8.8 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the nation. North Texas ranks 240th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Mean Green rank 134th in rebounds per game (36.4) while the Tigers rank 279th (33.5).
- North Texas ranks 222nd in three pointers attempted per game (19.7) while Grambling State ranks 301st (17.3).