The Grand Canyon Antelopes (5-2) will be at home in Grand Canyon University Arena when they take on the Grambling State Tigers (3-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Grambling State Tigers at Grand Canyon Antelopes ATS Preview
In the Tigers last matchup, they defeated the Tougaloo Bulldogs, 111-95. Ivy Smith Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Grambling State played a perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.492 (above their season average of 0.267) and a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 17.3). Tougaloo was 0.286 and 17.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The Antelopes are hoping for a better outcome after their 68-60 loss to the St. John’s Red Storm in their last game. With 13 points and six rebounds, Joshua Braun had a solid outing for Grand Canyon. St. John’s did a great job of making free throws (20-27; 74.1 percent). Grand Canyon, meanwhile, held the Red Storm to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 (below their season average of 32.7).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Grand Canyon should have a significant advantage. Since last season, the Antelopes defense ranks 43rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.468), while the Grambling State offense ranks 309th in effective field goal percentage (0.479).
Grambling State Tigers at Grand Canyon Antelopes ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Antelopes rank 179th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while the Tigers rank 293rd (17.2).
- Grand Canyon ranks 197th in blocks per game (2.9) while Grambling State ranks 232nd (2.5).
- Grambling State averages 8.8 steals per game, which ranks 11th in the nation. Grand Canyon ranks 200th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Antelopes rank 77th in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Tigers rank 257th (33.6).
- Grand Canyon ranks 137th in assists per game (14.0) while Grambling State ranks 266th (11.6).