The Seattle Redhawks (9-6) will be at home in Connolly Center when they meet the Grambling State Tigers (4-8). Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
Grambling State Tigers vs. Seattle Redhawks Odds Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they were beaten by the East Carolina Pirates, 76-68. Ivy Smith Jr. had a good performance for Grambling State, contributing 20 points, six assists and five rebounds. One of East Carolina’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 40 free throw attempts, while Grambling State had just 14.
The Redhawks come in on a high note after beating the Nicholls Colonels in their last matchup, 95-89. Aaron Menzies played a pivotal role for Seattle with 20 points and 14 rebounds. The Redhawks, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.558, had an absurd mark of 0.600 and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (28.6 vs. 25.6).
The prolific offense of Seattle (44th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 114.7) will battle against the bottom-tier defense of Grambling State (316th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 111.5). The Redhawks figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Smith Jr. has been exceptional over the last five games for Grambling State, averaging 16.2 points, 6.4 assists and 2.2 steals per game.
Grambling State Tigers vs. Seattle Redhawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Over
- The Tigers rank 35th in steals per game (8.2) while the Redhawks rank 148th (5.5).
- Seattle ranks 97th in blocks per game (3.5) while Grambling State ranks 157th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Seattle ranks 43rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while Grambling State ranks 260th (15.6).
- The Redhawks average 16.1 assists per game, which ranks 60th in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 198th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- Seattle ranks 31st in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Grambling State ranks 152nd (35.5).
- The Redhawks have been outscored by an average of 2.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Seattle has defeated opponents by an average of 5.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (2.8 below their season average).