The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-1) will be at home in McCamish Pavilion when they take on the Grambling State Tigers (1-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017.
Grambling State Tigers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Preview
The Tigers were beaten by the North Texas Mean Green in their last outing, 82-77. Grambling State’s Ivy Smith Jr. had 15 points and seven assists in the contest. North Texas did a terrific job of making free throws (16-20; 80.0 percent). Grambling State, on the other hand, forced the Mean Green into a turnover percentage of 21.9 (above their season average of 16.9).
In the Yellow Jackets last game, they beat the Northwestern Wildcats, 52-51. Tadric Jackson had a solid performance for Georgia Tech, finishing with 10 points and seven rebounds. Georgia Tech played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.372 (above their season average of 0.338) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.9 (below their season average of 31.7). Northwestern put up marks of 0.069 and 24.3, respectively, for those same stats.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Georgia Tech should have a significant edge. Since the 2016-17 season, the Yellow Jackets defense ranks 17th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.456), while the Grambling State offense ranks 314th in effective field goal percentage (0.475).
Grambling State Tigers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Yellow Jackets rank 181st in rebounds per game (35.7) while the Tigers rank 276th (33.4).
- Grambling State ranks 302nd in three pointers attempted per game (17.3) while Georgia Tech ranks 329th (14.0).
- Georgia Tech ranks fourth in blocks per game (6.0) while Grambling State ranks 252nd (2.4).
- The Yellow Jackets rank 59th in assists per game (15.3) while the Tigers rank 291st (11.4).
- Grambling State averages 8.8 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the nation. Georgia Tech ranks 216th in steals allowed per game (6.7).