The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (2-27, 2-14 SWAC), who are currently riding a 12-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Grambling State Tigers (15-14, 11-5 SWAC) to Elmore Gymnasium. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Grambling State Tigers at Alabama A&M Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Tigers’ last outing, they fell to the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils, 79-74. Devante Jackson had a solid performance for Grambling State, recording 13 points and eight rebounds. Mississippi Valley State did an excellent job of making free throws (22-27; 81.5 percent). Grambling State, on the other hand, forced the Delta Devils into a turnover percentage of 18.6 (above their season average of 15.3).
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 71-58 loss to the Prairie View A&M Panthers in their last outing. Andre Kennedy led Alabama A&M in scoring with 12 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Prairie View A&M had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 16.3). Alabama A&M, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 29.7).
It could be a sloppy game for the Alabama A&M offense. Alabama A&M ranks 351st in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 24.4 percent), while the gambling defense of Grambling State forces the 79th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.6 percent). It will also be a battle of contrasting tempos as the up-tempo Tigers rank 27th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bulldogs rank 253rd.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bulldogs won 71-64. Alabama A&M had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.541 vs. 0.338). Grambling State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (17.1 vs. 29.3). In the loss, Shirmane Thomas led all scorers on the team with 19 points.
Grambling State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 117th in assists allowed per game (13.0) while the Bulldogs rank 233rd (15.2).
- Alabama A&M ranks 37th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Grambling State ranks 116th (21.1).
- Grambling State ranks 25th in steals per game (7.8) while Alabama A&M ranks 255th (3.8).
- The Tigers rank 43rd in rebounds per game (38.5) while the Bulldogs rank 228th (33.6).
- Grambling State ranks 111th in blocks per game (3.4) while Alabama A&M ranks 227th (1.4).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 19.4, up from 16.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (3.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (3.7 below their season average).