The Golden State Warriors (47-14), the NBA’s top scoring team, will meet the Washington Wizards (36-25) at Capital One Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 226.5 points with Golden State opening as an 8.5-point favorite. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Golden State Warriors vs. Washington Wizards Odds Preview
The Warriors beat the New York Knicks in their last contest, 125-111. Klay Thompson was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Golden State played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.259 (above their season average of 0.200) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.581). New York was 0.073 and 0.542, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Wizards’ last matchup, they defeated the Milwaukee Bucks, 107-104. Washington rallied around Bradley Beal, who led the team in scoring with 21 points on 9-for-16 shooting. The Wizards forced 16 turnovers and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (22.0 vs. 20.5).
Washington appears to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this battle. The Wizards rank ninth in offensive rebounding percentage (23.1 percent), while Golden State ranks 26th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent).
Of Golden State’s 61 games, 33 have finished over the O/U total, while 31 of Washington’s 60 games have finished under the projected point total. The Warriors have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (47-14 vs. 36-25), but the Wizards have been better against the spread (ATS) (29-31 vs. 27-32-2).
Otto Porter Jr. has been on fire over the last five games for Washington, averaging 18.0 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 237 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 230.5. The Warriors won 120-117, but were unable to cover as 12-point favorites. The Warriors dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 and a free throw rate of 0.189. For those same stats, the Wizards were 24.0 and 0.165, respectively. Kevin Durant recorded a double-double with 31 points and 11 rebounds.
Golden State Warriors at Washington Wizards Free Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Over
- The Wizards rank 10th in fast break points allowed per game (11.0) while the Warriors rank 26th (14.0).
- Washington averages 24.7 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Golden State ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (23.0).
- Washington averages 12.5 second chance points per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. Golden State ranks last in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Golden State ranks 10th in rebounds per game (44.2) while Washington ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (43.0).
- Golden State is 14-16 ATS on the road with 17 overs and 13 unders.
- Washington is 11-18 ATS at home with 15 overs, 12 unders and 2 pushes.
- Washington is 17-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Golden State is 13-2.
- The Wizards are 33-14 when they reach the century mark, while the Warriors are 44-10.
- The Wizards rank 16th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.7) while the Warriors rank 26th (47.4).
- Washington averages 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Golden State ranks last in steals allowed per game (9.0).
- The Warriors rank first in blocks per game (7.9) while the Wizards rank 21st (4.4).
- The Warriors average 29.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 11th in the league. The Wizards rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.6).
- Washington ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.4) while Golden State ranks 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.7).
Washington is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
Over their last five games, Golden State is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
The Wizards’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, up from 1.9 for the season.
During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 123.4 points per game (7.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.8 points per game (2.9 below their season average).