The Golden State Warriors (3-0) will look to advance to the Western Conference Semifinals when they travel to AT&T Center to challenge the San Antonio Spurs (0-3) in game four of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The Spurs opened as 6.5-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 203.5 points and it will air on ABC at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs ATS Odds
In game three, Durant led the Warriors to a 110-97 win. He was the games leading scorer with 26 points. The two teams combined to put up 207 points, which was just over the projected point total of 205.5, and Golden State covered as a 3-point favorite. Golden State’s 0.573 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over San Antonio, who had a mark of 0.466.
San Antonio should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. San Antonio ranks fifth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.0 percent), while Golden State forces the seventh-fewest turnovers (13.1 percent). Also, the Warriors top-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 112.9) will face off against the Spurs fourth-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 103.5).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Warriors games, with 43 overs compared to 41 unders. Golden State has a phenomenal 61-24 straight up (SU) record, but they are just 36-46-3 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Golden State, just over half of Spurs games have finished under the total. Further, San Antonio is 47-38 SU and 41-40-4 ATS.
Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Over
- The Spurs rank 19th in points in the paint per game (43.6) while the Warriors rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (47.1).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (19.1) while San Antonio ranks 23rd (10.3).
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (29.3) while the Spurs rank 19th (22.6).
- San Antonio ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while Golden State ranks 29th (8.8).
- Both of these teams are exceptional at blocking the ball. Golden State leads the NBA with 7.4 blocks per game while San Antonio is fourth with 5.5 blocks per game.
- The Spurs rank seventh in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.0) while the Warriors rank 28th (18.5).
- The Warriors rank 17th in three pointers attempted per game (28.9) while the Spurs rank 27th (24.2).
- San Antonio ranks ninth in second chance points per game (13.1) while Golden State ranks last (10.3).
- Golden State is 17-5 when they allow less than 100 points, while San Antonio is 32-10.
- When reaching the century mark, the Warriors are 58-15 and the Spurs are 36-15.
- San Antonio is 26-15-1 ATS at home, while Golden State is 19-22-1 ATS on the road.
- Of the Warriors 42 road games, they have 22 overs and 20 unders.
- In 42 home games, the Spurs have 21 overs and 21 unders.
- In their last five games, Golden State and San Antonio have both had 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push.
- The Warriors are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Spurs are 0-5.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 107.0 points per game (6.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (5.3 below their season average).
- The Spurs have been outscored by an average of 12.0 points in their last five games. For the season, San Antonio has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.