The league’s top scoring team will be 2.5-point favorites on the road at AT&T Center, when the Golden State Warriors (47-21) go head-to-head with the San Antonio Spurs (41-29). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 224.5 points and it will air on ESPN at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, March 18, 2019.
Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last contest. The Spurs (2.5-point favorites) defeated the Portland Trail Blazers 108-103, while the Warriors (2-point underdog) beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 110-88. The San Antonio game went 10.5 points under the projected point total of 221.5, while the Golden State game went 30 points under the projected point total of 228.
The Warriors knocked down 17 of their 22 free throws (77.3 percent) and held the Thunder to an effective field goal percentage of 0.391 (below their season average of 0.515). San Antonio, on the other hand, was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Spurs made 26 of their 30 free throws (86.7 percent), while the Trail Blazers were 12-14 (85.7 percent). DeMar DeRozan had a solid game for San Antonio with 21 points and eight rebounds. Stephen Curry had a good outing for Golden State, contributing 33 points and seven rebounds.
The Warriors had the upper hand in the most recent game, a 141-102 blowout win, to even the season series at one. Kevin Durant had a stellar game, with 23 points, nine assists and eight rebounds. Golden State won the rebounding battle. The Warriors had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. four), defensive rebounds (38 vs. 26) and total rebounds (52 vs. 30). The two teams combined to put up 243 points, which was over the projected point total of 232, and Golden State covered as a 16-point favorite.
Just over half of the Warriors’ games have finished under the O/U total. Golden State is 47-21 straight up (SU), but they are just 28-39-1 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Spurs’ 70 games, 39 have finished over the O/U total. Additionally, San Antonio owns records of 41-29 SU and 39-30-1 ATS.
It might turn into a shootout as two of the league’s best offenses face off. San Antonio currently ranks fifth with 111.4 points per 100 possessions and Golden State is first (114.4). Also, the Warriors rank 21st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.193), while the Spurs rank second in opponents’ FTA rate (0.170).
Warriors vs. Spurs Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Spurs are 27th in the league with 43.1 points in the paint per game while the Warriors are 28th with 43.0 points in the paint per game.
- Golden State ranks second in fast break points per game (19.5) while San Antonio ranks 25th (10.5).
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (29.1) while the Spurs rank 20th in assists allowed per game (24.9).
- Golden State ranks 13th in points off turnovers per game (16.7) while San Antonio ranks 29th (14.3).
- Golden State ranks 21st in second chance points per game (12.6) while San Antonio ranks 27th (11.6).
- The Warriors rank eighth in three pointers attempted per game (34.3) while the Spurs rank last (24.8).
- The Warriors rank 15th in steals per game (7.6) while the Spurs rank last (6.2).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (6.4) while San Antonio ranks 21st (4.7).
- When allowing below 100 points, Golden State is 7-0 and San Antonio is 13-3.
- The Warriors are 47-14 when they score more than 100 points, while the Spurs are 40-18.
- San Antonio is 23-12 ATS at home, while Golden State is 16-18 ATS on the road.
- In 34 road games, the Warriors have 19 overs and 15 unders.
- The Spurs have 19 unders and 16 overs in 35 home games.
- The Spurs are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Warriors are 3-2.
- In their last five games, San Antonio has 4 unders and 1 over, while Golden State has 5 unders.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 112.2 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (8.6 below their season average).
- The Warriors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 6.0 for the season.