The NBA’s top scoring team will be an 8.5-point favorite on the road at Golden 1 Center, when the Golden State Warriors (54-21) square off with the Sacramento Kings (24-52). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 211.5 points and it will air on NBC Sports – California at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 31, 2018.
Golden State Warriors at Sacramento Kings ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Kings lost a close one to the Indiana Pacers, 106-103, while the Warriors were beaten by the Milwaukee Bucks, 116-107.
Golden State did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-15; 100.0 percent) while Sacramento made 13 of their 31 three pointers (41.9 percent). Willie Cauley-Stein played a pivotal role for Sacramento with 19 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Golden State, meanwhile, rallied around Quinn Cook, who put up 30 points.
The offense of Sacramento (28th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 102.1) will square off against the elite defense of Golden State (ninth in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 104.6). The Warriors should have the edge on that side of the ball.
A little over half of the Warriors games have finished under the O/U total. Golden State is 54-21 straight up (SU), but they have a hard time covering the spread (30-42-3 against the spread (ATS)).
Unlike Golden State, just over half of Kings games have finished over the projected point total. Moreover, Sacramento is 24-52 SU and 36-37-3 ATS.
The Warriors Cook has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 17.8 points and 6.0 assists per game. Meanwhile, Buddy Hield has averaged 18.8 points and 1.8 steals during that same time frame for the Kings.
The Kings lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 191 points, which was under the projected point total of 205.5. Sacramento won 98-93, covering as a 9-point underdog. Sacramento had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.2 vs. 20.0). Golden State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.0 vs. 12.6). Hield was a standout player in the game, putting up 22 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
Golden State Warriors at Sacramento Kings Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Kings rank 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7) while the Warriors rank 26th (18.6).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (7.7) while Sacramento ranks 26th (4.1).
- The Kings rank ninth in second chance points allowed per game (11.6) while the Warriors rank last (13.8).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (19.8) while Sacramento ranks 21st (10.3).
- Golden State ranks 12th in three pointers allowed per game (28.9) while Sacramento ranks 29th (31.8).
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (29.5) while the Kings rank 24th (21.6).
- The Kings rank fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.1) while the Warriors rank 23rd (46.9).
- Golden State ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (42.1) while Sacramento ranks 18th (43.7).
- Sacramento ranks ninth in steals per game (8.0) while Golden State ranks last in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Golden State is 14-5 and Sacramento is 15-5.
- The Kings are 17-21 when they score over 100 points, while the Warriors are 51-13.
- Sacramento is 18-21 ATS at home, while Golden State is 15-20-1 ATS on the road.
- In 36 road games, the Warriors have 19 overs and 17 unders.
- The Kings have 20 overs and 19 unders in 39 home games.
- The Kings are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Warriors are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Sacramento has 4 unders and 1 over, while Golden State has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 97.6 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (4.9 below their season average).
- The Warriors have been outscored by an average of 8.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Golden State has defeated opponents by an average of 6.8 points.