The Golden State Warriors (16-6), the NBA’s top scoring team, will challenge the Orlando Magic (9-13) at Amway Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 228.5 points with Golden State opening as an 11-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Golden State Warriors at Orlando Magic ATS Preview
The Warriors beat the Los Angeles Lakers in their last contest, 127-123. With 15 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists, Draymond Green played well for Golden State. Golden State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (above their season average of 21.7) and a free throw rate of 0.223 (above their season average of 0.198). For those same stats, Los Angeles had marks of 15.9 and 0.211, respectively.
The last time the Magic played, they defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder, 121-108. With 40 points on 13-for-23 shooting, Aaron Gordon was the games leading scorer. The Magic, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.531, had a ridiculous mark of 0.678 and had a free throw rate of 0.237 (above their season average of 0.181).
Golden State could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the league. The Warriors currently rank first in offensive efficiency, while Orlando ranks 24th in defensive efficiency.
Of Golden State’s 22 games, 13 have finished over the O/U total, while 12 of Orlando’s 22 games have finished over the O/U total. The Warriors have the superior straight up (SU) record (16-6 vs. 9-13), but the Magic hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (10-11-1 vs. 9-13).
Gordon has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Orlando, averaging 16.4 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 210 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 223.5. The Warriors won 110-100, but were unable to cover as 13-point favorites. Golden State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.9 vs. 9.5). Orlando, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 14.4). Despite the loss, Nikola Vucevic had a stellar game with 20 points and five rebounds.
Golden State Warriors at Orlando Magic Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Over
- The Warriors average 44.3 points in the paint per game, which ranks 14th in the league. The Magic rank 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.7).
- Orlando ranks 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5) while Golden State ranks 25th (19.0).
- Golden State averages 8.5 blocks per game, which ranks first in the league. Orlando ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Orlando averages 30.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Golden State ranks 18th in three pointers allowed per game (29.6).
- Golden State is 4-7 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 4-5 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 5 of the Magic’s 9 home games, while 7 of the Warriors 11 road games have gone over.
- Orlando is 5-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Golden State is 4-1.
- The Magic are 9-8 when they score over 100 points, while the Warriors are 15-4.
- The Warriors rank sixth in steals per game (8.9) while the Magic rank 17th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Golden State averages 30.1 assists per game, which ranks first in the league. Orlando ranks 25th in assists allowed per game (24.6).
- The Warriors average 23.0 fast break points per game, which ranks first in the NBA. The Magic rank 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (12.0).
- The Warriors average 10.4 second chance points per game, which ranks 22nd in the NBA. The Magic rank last in second chance points allowed per game (14.5).
- Golden State averages 45.4 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Orlando ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (46.6).
- Orlando is 2-3 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Golden State is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 115.4 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 106.0 points per game (1.1 below their season average).