The league’s top scoring team will be a 4-point underdog on the road at Chesapeake Energy Arena, when the Golden State Warriors (56-21) square off with the Oklahoma City Thunder (45-33). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 222 points and action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
Golden State Warriors vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Thunder defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 109-104, while the Warriors beat the Phoenix Suns 117-107.
The Warriors had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.612 (above their season average of 0.571) and had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 13.4). Oklahoma City, meanwhile, won the rebounding battle. The Thunder had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. seven) and total rebounds (51 vs. 44). Russell Westbrook played well for Oklahoma City, registering 26 points, 15 rebounds and 13 assists on his way to his 23rd triple-double of the season. Meanwhile, Kevin Durant played a pivotal role for Golden State with 29 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists.
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for Oklahoma City in this contest. The Thunder currently rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.7 percent), while Golden State ranks 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.5 percent). Additionally, the Warriors rank 28th in turnover percentage (14.9 percent), while the Thunder rank first in opponents’ turnover percentage (15.4 percent).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Warriors games, with 39 unders compared to 38 overs. Golden State has an outstanding 56-21 straight up (SU) record, but they are just 31-43-3 against the spread (ATS).
Thunder games tend to go under the total (55.1 percent). Moreover, Oklahoma City is 45-33 SU and 31-45-2 ATS.
Quinn Cook has been playing at a high level recently for Golden State, averaging 16.2 points and 5.4 assists over the last five games.
The Thunder lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined for 192 points, well under the projected point total of 233.5. Oklahoma City lost 112-80, covering as a 10-point underdog. Golden State’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Oklahoma City. The Warriors had a rate of 0.567 while the Thunder posted a mark of 0.381. Stephen Curry was a top performer in the victory, with 21 points, nine rebounds and six assists.
Golden State Warriors vs. Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank fifth in rebounds per game (45.0) while the Warriors rank 14th (43.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in second chance points per game (15.0) while Golden State ranks 29th (10.3).
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (29.5) while the Thunder rank 27th (21.3).
- Oklahoma City averages 15.0 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the league. Golden State ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (13.9).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while Oklahoma City ranks 11th (4.6).
- The Thunder average 9.1 steals per game, which ranks first in the NBA. The Warriors rank 28th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- The Warriors rank 13th in three pointers allowed per game (28.9) while the Thunder rank 25th (30.6).
- Oklahoma City averages 44.1 points in the paint per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. Golden State ranks 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (46.9).
- Oklahoma City averages 18.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Golden State ranks 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.6).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Golden State is 15-5 and Oklahoma City is 21-5.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Thunder are 41-17 and the Warriors are 53-13.
- Oklahoma City is 15-22-2 ATS at home, while Golden State is 16-20-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 19 of the Warriors’ 37 road games, while 22 of the Thunder’s 39 home games have gone under.
- The Thunder are 1-3-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Warriors are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Oklahoma City has 4 unders and 1 over, while Golden State has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Thunder’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 101.6 points per game (12.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average).