A high-scoring game should be expected when the Denver Nuggets (5-4) and the Golden State Warriors (6-3) square off at Pepsi Center. Golden State is an 8-point favorite on the opening line while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 229.5 points. Action begins at at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 4, 2017, and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt.
Golden State Warriors at Denver Nuggets ATS Preview
The Warriors won big over the San Antonio Spurs, 112-92, in their last game. With 24 points, eight rebounds and five assists, Kevin Durant played well for Golden State. The Warriors held the Spurs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.431 (below the 0.517 mark opponents have averaged against Golden State this season) and had a turnover percentage of 13.5 (better than their season average of 15.5).
The Nuggets come in on a high note after narrowly defeating the Miami Heat, 95-94, in their last outing. Nikola Jokic had a solid performance for Denver, finishing with 19 points and 14 rebounds. Denver dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.175 (below their season average of 0.182) and a turnover percentage of 15.7 (worse than their season average of 12.9). For those same stats, Miami was 0.091 and 21.9, respectively.
This battle pits one of the league’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Denver ranks fourth in offensive efficiency and Golden State is fourth in defensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Golden State games have finished over 66.7 percent of the time, while games involving Denver have gone under 55.6 percent of the time. The Warriors have the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (6-3 vs. 5-4), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Golden State is 3-6 ATS, while Denver is 3-5 ATS.
The Warriors won two out of three matchups against the Nuggets last season. In the last matchup, the Warriors won 125-101. The Warriors dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.224 and a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.624. The Nuggets put up marks of 0.128 and 0.473, respectively, for those same stats.
Golden State Warriors vs. Denver Nuggets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Warriors rank second in blocks per game (6.9) while the Nuggets rank 26th (3.9).
- Denver averages 49.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks third in the league. Golden State ranks 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (45.4).
- Golden State averages 30.1 assists per game, which ranks first in the league. Denver ranks 25th in assists allowed per game (23.9).
- Denver ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (28.7) while Golden State ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (28.4).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Golden State is 32-2 and Denver is 13-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Warriors are 89-13 and the Nuggets are 43-31.
- The Warriors rank first in fast break points per game (22.7) while the Nuggets rank 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (13.8).
- Golden State ranks first in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while Denver ranks 27th (14.6).
- The Nuggets rank second in second chance points per game (15.2) while the Warriors rank 27th in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (41.0) while the Warriors rank 15th (43.3).
- Golden State ranks second in steals per game (9.3) while Denver ranks 26th (7.0).