A 10-game road winning streak is on the line for the Golden State Warriors (33-9) when they clash against the Milwaukee Bucks (22-18) at BMO Harris Bradley Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 222 points with Golden State set as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Golden State Warriors vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview
The Warriors got blown out by the Los Angeles Clippers in their last contest, 125-106. Golden State’s Kevin Durant had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 40 points on 14-for-18 shooting. Los Angeles held the Warriors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 21.8). Golden State, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (22-26; 84.6 percent).
In the Bucks last matchup, they beat the Orlando Magic, 110-103. Milwaukee rallied around Giannis Antetokounmpo, who was the games high scorer with 26 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Milwaukee dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (above their season average of 18.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.538). For those same stats, Orlando put up marks of 18.2 and 0.478, respectively.
This battle pits one of the NBA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Milwaukee currently ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage (0.539) and Golden State is second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.494). Conflicting paces will be on display in this meeting. The up-and-down Warriors rank fifth in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Bucks rank 25th.
Both of these teams have typically gone over the projected point total. Golden State games have gone over 57.1 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of games featuring Milwaukee have gone over. The Warriors have the clear advantage straight up (SU) (33-9 vs. 22-18), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Golden State is 19-22-1 ATS, while Milwaukee is 18-17-5 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Warriors, it’s been Draymond Green, who has averaged 14.0 points, 8.4 rebounds and 7.6 assists, while the Bucks have gotten solid contributions from Malcolm Brogdon (14.6 points).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Warriors won both games played against each other last season. In the last contest, Golden State won 117-92. Golden State did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (15-19; 78.9 percent). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.4 vs. 12.6).
Golden State Warriors vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank sixth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.0) while the Warriors rank 25th (18.6).
- Milwaukee ranks 12th in second chance points allowed per game (11.9) while Golden State ranks 25th (13.7).
- Golden State ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.0) while Milwaukee ranks 26th (24.4).
- Both of these teams are exceptional at blocking the ball. Golden State leads the league with 8.3 blocks per game while Milwaukee is fifth with 5.2 blocks per game.
- Milwaukee is 8-10-3 ATS at home, while Golden State is 10-10 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 13 of the Warriors 20 road games, while 12 of the Bucks 21 home games have gone over.
- Milwaukee is 8-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Golden State is 10-2.
- The Warriors are 30-6 when they reach the century mark, while the Bucks are 18-11.
- The Bucks average 48.0 points in the paint per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Warriors rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (46.0).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (6.9) while Golden State ranks 29th (8.8).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (7.9) while the Warriors rank 26th (13.8).
- The Warriors average 30.7 assists per game, which ranks first in the league. The Bucks rank 13th in assists allowed per game (22.4).
- Golden State ranks eighth in rebounds per game (44.8) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.6).
- Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Golden State is 2-2-1 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Milwaukee has lost by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 120.0 points per game (4.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 116.0 points per game (9.4 above their season average).