A 13-game road winning streak is on the line for the Golden State Warriors (36-9) when they meet the Chicago Bulls (17-27) at United Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 230 points with Golden State set as a 10-point favorite. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 17, 2018, and it can be seen on WGN Channel 9.
Golden State Warriors at Chicago Bulls Betting Preview
The Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers in their last game, 118-108. Kevin Durant led Golden State in scoring with 32 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Golden State played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.282 (above their season average of 0.199) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.5 (above their season average of 21.4). Cleveland put up marks of 0.160 and 25.5, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Bulls last matchup, they topped the Miami Heat, 119-111. With 25 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Justin Holiday was the top scorer from either team. Chicago dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.3 (below their season average of 19.8) and a turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 12.0). For those same stats, Miami recorded marks of 9.5 and 12.9, respectively.
Chicago might struggle to score as they clash against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Golden State ranks third in defensive efficiency, while the Bulls rank 28th in offensive efficiency.
Games involving these teams have typically gone over the O/U total. Golden State games have finished over 55.6 percent of the time, while Chicago games have gone over 59.1 percent of the time. The Warriors hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (36-9 vs. 17-27), but the Bulls have the better against the spread (ATS) record (25-16-3 vs. 21-23-1).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Warriors, it’s been Draymond Green, who has averaged 14.8 points, 8.0 rebounds and 7.2 assists, while the Bulls have gotten great contributions from Lauri Markkanen (19.4 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.2 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 237 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 211.5. The Warriors won 143-94, covering as 16-point favorites. The Warriors played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.231 and a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.670. The Bulls were 0.111 and 0.419, respectively, for those same stats. Stephen Curry was the games top overall scorer with 33 points.
Golden State Warriors vs. Chicago Bulls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Over
- The Warriors rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (42.0) while the Bulls rank 27th (45.5).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (21.2) while Chicago ranks 17th (10.4).
- Golden State ranks 11th in points in the paint per game (45.3) while Chicago ranks 27th (40.5).
- Chicago ranks 23rd in steals per game (7.0) while Golden State ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- Chicago is 12-8-2 ATS at home, while Golden State is 12-11 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 14 of the Warriors 23 road games, while 11 of the Bulls 22 home games have gone over.
- Golden State is 11-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Chicago is 5-5.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Bulls are 15-11 and the Warriors are 33-6.
- The Bulls rank 12th in second chance points allowed per game (11.8) while the Warriors rank 28th (13.8).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (8.0) while Chicago ranks 28th (3.8).
- The Warriors average 30.6 assists per game, which ranks first in the league. The Bulls rank 28th in assists allowed per game (25.0).
- The Warriors average 29.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 11th in the league. The Bulls rank 24th in three pointers allowed per game (30.8).
- Golden State ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.4) while Chicago ranks 28th (14.3).
- Chicago is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Golden State is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bulls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 116.6 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.2 points per game (6.4 above their season average).