The Golden State Warriors (5-3), the league’s top scoring team, will take on the San Antonio Spurs (4-3) at AT&T Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 219 points with Golden State opening as a 6.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 2, 2017, and it can be seen on TNT.
Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs ATS Preview
The Warriors won big over the Los Angeles Clippers, 141-113, in their last outing. Stephen Curry was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Golden State played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 35.0 (above their season average of 25.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.663 (above their season average of 0.593). For those same stats, Los Angeles recorded marks of 22.0 and 0.512, respectively.
The Spurs are hoping to rebound after their 108-94 loss to the Boston Celtics in their last matchup. With 11 points and eight rebounds, San Antonio’s Pau Gasol had a good outing. Boston had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.9 (above their season average of 20.7). San Antonio, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 12.0).
Baskets could be hard to come by as a pair of the league’s premier defenses face off. San Antonio ranks second in defensive efficiency (102.9) and Golden State is first (102.6) dating back to last season. It will also be a matchup of conflicting styles as the up-and-down Warriors rank third in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Spurs rank 26th.
Golden State games have gone over 75.0 percent of the time, while games including San Antonio have finished under 57.1 percent of the time. The Warriors hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (5-3 vs. 4-3), but the Spurs have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (3-3-1 vs. 2-6).
The Warriors won five out of seven matchups against the Spurs last season. In the last contest, the Spurs won 129-100. The Spurs played a perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 43.8 and a free throw rate of 0.235. For those same stats, the Warriors had marks of 19.0 and 0.153, respectively.
Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Warriors average 9.2 steals per game, which ranks first in the league. The Spurs rank 16th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- San Antonio ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (41.3) while Golden State ranks 13th (43.3).
- San Antonio ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.2) while Golden State ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1).
- Golden State ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (46.2) while San Antonio ranks eighth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.1).
- Golden State is 31-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while San Antonio is 47-7.
- The Spurs are 62-13 when they reach 100 points, while the Warriors are 88-13.
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (30.1) while the Spurs rank 10th (23.2).
- Golden State ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (31.7) while San Antonio ranks 26th (23.5).
- The Spurs rank seventh in second chance points allowed per game (11.8) while the Warriors rank 28th (13.9).
- The Warriors average 6.8 blocks per game, which ranks first in the league. The Spurs rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (22.7) while San Antonio ranks 18th (12.0).