The Golden State Warriors (1-1), 8.5-point favorites, will travel to Staples Center to clash with the Los Angeles Clippers (1-1) in game three of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 237 points and it can be seen on TNT at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 18, 2019.
Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds
In game two, Williams led the Clippers to a 135-131 victory. He recorded a double-double with 36 points and 11 assists. Los Angeles covered as a 14-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 266 points, which was well over the projected point total of 235. The Clippers’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Warriors. Los Angeles had a rate of 16.2, while Golden State posted a mark of 18.8.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Warriors games, with 45 unders compared to 39 overs. Golden State has a solid 58-26 straight up (SU) record, but they have a hard time covering the spread (36-47-1 against the spread (ATS)).
Of the Clippers’ 84 games, 46 have finished over the O/U total. Further, Los Angeles owns records of 49-35 SU and 46-37-1 ATS.
The aggressive Los Angeles offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Clippers currently rank first in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.258, while Golden State is among the league’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 21st-ranked FTA rate of 0.206). Moreover, the Warriors’ top-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 114.5) will go head-to-head against the Clippers’ 21st-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 109.7).
Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Warriors average 46.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. The Clippers rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while Los Angeles ranks 29th (6.2).
- The Warriors average 19.3 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the league. The Clippers rank 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (15.1).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (29.5) while Los Angeles ranks 18th (24.1).
- Golden State ranks 15th in points off turnovers per game (16.3) while Los Angeles ranks 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.8).
- The Clippers rank eighth in points in the paint per game (51.1) while the Warriors rank 28th (43.2).
- The Warriors average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. The Clippers rank 24th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Los Angeles ranks 17th in second chance points per game (13.1) while Golden State ranks 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Golden State ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (34.3) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (25.9).
- Los Angeles is 7-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Golden State is 10-0.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Clippers are 49-26 and the Warriors are 58-18.
- Los Angeles is 22-19 ATS at home, while Golden State is 19-22 ATS on the road.
- In 41 road games, the Warriors have 22 overs and 19 unders.
- In 41 home games, the Clippers have 27 overs, 13 unders and 1 push.
- The Warriors are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Clippers are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Golden State has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Los Angeles has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Warriors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 6.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 120.6 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 128.4 points per game (13.8 above their season average).