The Boston College Eagles (17-14, 7-11 ACC) and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (13-18, 6-12 ACC) square off in the Atlantic Coast Conference Tourney at Barclays Center. Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Boston College Eagles Odds Preview
The last time the Yellow Jackets played, they were victorious over the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, 64-56. Josh Okogie was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 5-for-14 shooting. The Yellow Jackets knocked down 18 of their 24 free throws (75.0 percent), while the Demon Deacons had a turnover percentage of 25.4 (above their season average of 16.1).
The Eagles are trying to rebound after their 85-76 loss to the Florida State Seminoles in their last game. With 16 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists, Boston College’s Jerome Robinson had a solid performance. Florida State had a free throw rate of 0.258 (above their season average of 0.249). Boston College, meanwhile, held the Seminoles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.9 (below their season average of 33.4).
Tadric Jackson has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Georgia Tech, averaging 14.6 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Eagles won 80-72. The Eagles played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 and a free throw rate of 0.246. The Yellow Jackets were 19.4 and 0.158, respectively, for those same stats. In the loss, Ben Lammers had a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Boston College Eagles ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Georgia Tech, ATS Winner – Georgia Tech, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank 80th in rebounds per game (36.9) while the Yellow Jackets rank 96th in rebounds allowed per game (33.5).
- Georgia Tech ranks 25th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Boston College ranks 266th (24.7).
- The Yellow Jackets rank 11th in blocks per game (5.3) while the Eagles rank 117th (3.3).
- Boston College ranks 111th in assists per game (14.2) while Georgia Tech ranks 200th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Boston College has defeated opponents by an average of 2.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Yellow Jackets have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (2.1 above their season average).