The Texas State Bobcats (14-15, 7-9 SBC), who are currently on a seven-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Georgia Southern Eagles (17-11, 8-7 SBC) to Strahan Coliseum. Action starts at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Georgia Southern Eagles at Texas State Bobcats Betting Preview
In the Eagles last game, they got blown out by the UT Arlington Mavericks, 83-63. Georgia Southern’s Montae Glenn recorded 12 points and seven rebounds in the contest. UT Arlington did an excellent job of making free throws (9-11; 81.8 percent). Georgia Southern, meanwhile, forced the Mavericks into a turnover percentage of 21.2 (above their season average of 17.8).
The Bobcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 77-50 loss to the Georgia State Panthers in their last outing. Nijal Pearson was Texas State’s high scorer with 17 points on 4-for-11 shooting. Georgia State held the Bobcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.354 (below their season average of 0.494). Texas State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.233).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Texas State offense. Texas State ranks 284th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.6 percent), while the gambling defense of Georgia Southern forces the 59th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.2 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Bobcats won 62-61. Texas State did a great job of converting from the free throw line (12-17; 70.6 percent). Georgia Southern, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.1 vs. 19.9). In the loss, Tookie Brown led all scorers on the team with 25 points.
Georgia Southern Eagles vs. Texas State Bobcats Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Georgia Southern, ATS Winner – Georgia Southern, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank sixth in steals allowed per game (4.5) while the Bobcats rank 103rd (6.1).
- Georgia Southern averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 101st in the NCAA. Texas State ranks 173rd in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Texas State ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Georgia Southern ranks 277th (38.8).
- The Eagles rank 71st in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while the Bobcats rank 243rd (19.1).
- Texas State ranks 155th in assists per game (13.4) while Georgia Southern ranks 271st (9.9).
- The Bobcats have been outscored by an average of 10.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Texas State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 84.4 points per game (14.7 above their season average).