The Kennesaw State Owls (2-8) will be at home in KSU Convocation Center when they go head-to-head with the Georgia Southern Eagles (8-3). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Georgia Southern Eagles vs. Kennesaw State Owls Odds Preview
In the Eagles last game, they lost a tough one against the Bakersfield Roadrunners, 55-53. Georgia Southern’s Montae Glenn had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 13 points on 4-for-10 shooting. Bakersfield’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Georgia Southern. The Roadrunners had a rate of 11.4 (better than their season average of 17.8), while the Eagles posted a mark of 12.5.
The Owls come in on a high note after beating the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats in their last game, 81-74. With 23 points on 6-for-16 shooting, Tyler Hooker was the games high scorer. Kennesaw State played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.474 (above their season average of 0.225) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 28.5). For those same stats, Bethune-Cookman was 0.229 and 31.9, respectively.
Kennesaw State might have a difficult time finding the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Georgia Southern ranks 44th in defensive efficiency, while the Owls rank 324th in offensive efficiency. Additionally, the Eagles could control the offensive glass in this battle as they rank 29th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 36.3 percent. The Owls, meanwhile, rank 337th at securing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 63.6 percent.
Georgia Southern Eagles at Kennesaw State Owls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia Southern, ATS Winner – Georgia Southern, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank fifth in steals allowed per game (4.2) while the Owls rank 147th (7.2).
- Georgia Southern ranks 40th in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while Kennesaw State ranks 256th (15.7).
- The Eagles average 41.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 18th in the nation. The Owls rank 214th in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- Georgia Southern ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while Kennesaw State ranks 160th (14.5).
- The Owls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 9.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (2.0 below their season average).