The East Tennessee State Buccaneers (7-4) will be at home in Freedom Hall Civic Center when they go head-to-head with the Georgia Southern Eagles (9-3). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 142 points with East Tennessee State set as a 3.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Georgia Southern Eagles at East Tennessee State Buccaneers Free Preview
The Eagles defeated the Kennesaw State Owls in their last outing, 78-69. Tookie Brown was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 11-for-15 shooting. Georgia Southern dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.148 (below their season average of 0.267) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.4 (above their season average of 36.3). Kennesaw State was 0.034 and 21.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Buccaneers played, they beat the Detroit Titans, 81-73. East Tennessee State was lifted by Desonta Bradford, who was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-12 shooting. East Tennessee State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.4 (better than their season average of 17.1) and a free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.248). Detroit put up marks of 19.9 and 0.333, respectively, for those same stats.
The offense of East Tennessee State (171st in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 106.1) will square off against the top-notch defense of Georgia Southern (45th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 93.9). The Eagles figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Eagles rank 34th in turnover percentage (16.5 percent), while the Buccaneers rank 32nd in opponents turnover percentage (23.5 percent).
Of Georgia Southern’s 6 games that accepted bets, three have finished over the projected point total, while 5 of East Tennessee State’s 8 games have finished under the projected point total. The Eagles hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (9-3 vs. 7-4), but the Buccaneers have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (5-2-1 vs. 3-3).
Georgia Southern Eagles vs. East Tennessee State Buccaneers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia Southern, ATS Winner – Georgia Southern, O/U – Over
- The Buccaneers rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Eagles rank 96th (3.4).
- Georgia Southern ranks 31st in assists allowed per game (10.8) while East Tennessee State ranks 64th (11.9).
- Georgia Southern averages 25.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 55th in the NCAA. East Tennessee State ranks 227th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- The Eagles rank 22nd in rebounds per game (40.8) while the Buccaneers rank 162nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- Georgia Southern ranks ninth in steals allowed per game (4.3) while East Tennessee State ranks 83rd (6.1).
- The Buccaneers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 80.8 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (0.8 below their season average).