The Bakersfield Roadrunners (6-6) will be at home in Rabobank Arena when they clash with the Georgia Southern Eagles (8-2). Action starts at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Georgia Southern Eagles vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners Odds Preview
In the Eagles last outing, they dismantled the George Mason Patriots, 74-51. Tookie Brown was the games leading scorer with 17 points on 6-for-9 shooting. The Eagles forced 21 turnovers and held the Patriots to an effective field goal percentage of 0.321 (below their season average of 0.504). The Roadrunners hope to keep it rolling after beating the Idaho Vandals in their last matchup, 66-55. Bakersfield was lifted by Damiyne Durham, who was the teams leading scorer with 19 points on 7-for-15 shooting. The Roadrunners forced 27 turnovers and held the Vandals to an effective field goal percentage of 0.468 (below their season average of 0.529).
It could be an error-filled game for the Bakersfield offense. Bakersfield ranks 286th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.1 percent), while the pesky defense of Georgia Southern forces the 25th-most turnovers in the NCAA (24.0 percent). Also, the Eagles figure to have an advantage on defense. They rank 30th in the nation with an opponents effective field goal percentage of 0.452, while the Roadrunners offense ranks 297th in effective field goal percentage (0.481).
Jake Allsmiller has been on fire over the last five games for Georgia Southern, averaging 15.6 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Eagles won 77-53. The Eagles played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.316 and a turnover percentage of 10.4. The Roadrunners recorded marks of 0.132 and 22.3, respectively, for those same stats. Brown was the games top overall scorer with 24 points.
Georgia Southern Eagles vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia Southern, ATS Winner – Georgia Southern, O/U – Under
- The Roadrunners rank 26th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Eagles rank 99th (3.3).
- Georgia Southern ranks 25th in steals per game (8.3) while Bakersfield ranks 87th (6.8).
- Georgia Southern ranks 11th in rebounds per game (41.7) while Bakersfield ranks 184th (35.1).
- The Eagles rank 18th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Roadrunners rank 130th (13.4).
- Georgia Southern ranks 29th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while Bakersfield ranks 126th (22.3).
- The Roadrunners average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.6, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (0.1 below their season average).