The Texas A&M Aggies (9-13, 2-8 SEC) welcome the Georgia Bulldogs (10-13, 1-9 SEC) to Reed Arena. The Bulldogs can put an end to a five-game road losing streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, and will air on SEC Network.
Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Aggies beat the Missouri Tigers, 68-59, while the Bulldogs lost to the Ole Miss Rebels, 80-64.
Texas A&M played a nearly perfect contest. They had a great free throw rate of 0.286 (above their season average of 0.231) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.0 (above their season average of 33.2). Missouri had marks of 0.053 and 26.5, respectively, for those same stats. Georgia, on the other hand, made 11 of their 25 three pointers (44.0 percent). Texas A&M rallied around Christian Mekowulu, who finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Jordan Harris played a key role for Georgia with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
The Aggies won the lone contest between these two teams last season, 61-60. The Aggies’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Bulldogs. Texas A&M had a rate of 31.1, while Georgia posted a mark of 28.3. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Look for Texas A&M to dominate the offensive glass in this matchup. The Aggies are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 50th in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.3 percent. Meanwhile, Georgia ranks 264th in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.7 percent. Moreover, the Bulldogs are among the nation’s elite at getting to the line, ranking 26th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.289). The Aggies, however, rank 33rd at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents’ FTA rate of 0.185.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Texas A&M Aggies Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Texas A&m, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Over
- Georgia averages 40.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 16th in the nation. Texas A&M ranks 219th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Bulldogs rank 190th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4) while the Aggies rank 273rd (26.6).
- Texas A&M averages 6.4 steals per game, which ranks 117th in the country. Georgia ranks 199th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- The Bulldogs average 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the NCAA. The Aggies rank 175th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Georgia averages 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 101st in the NCAA. Texas A&M ranks 221st in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 0.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average).