The No. 16 Tennessee Volunteers (22-7, 12-5 SEC) and Georgia Bulldogs (16-13, 7-10 SEC) will go head-to-head at Thompson-Boling Arena to close out the regular season. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 3, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Georgia Bulldogs at Tennessee Volunteers ATS Preview
In the Bulldogs’ last outing, they lost a close one to the Texas A&M Aggies, 61-60. Yante Maten put together a good game for Georgia, leading both teams in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-18 shooting. Texas A&M held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.3 (below their season average of 35.0). Georgia, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.156 vs. 0.109).
The Volunteers hope to keep it rolling after blowing out the Mississippi State Bulldogs in their last contest, 76-54. With 24 points on 9-for-18 shooting, Admiral Schofield was the top scorer from either team. Tennessee dominated every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.375 (above their season average of 0.270) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.2 (below their season average of 32.7). For those same stats, Mississippi State recorded marks of 0.196 and 20.6, respectively.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Tennessee currently ranks 252nd in possessions per game (68.0) and Georgia is 311th (66.3). Additionally, the Bulldogs rank 270th in turnover percentage (20.0 percent), while the Volunteers rank 55th in opponents turnover percentage (21.0 percent).
Schofield has been on fire over the last five games for Tennessee, averaging 14.4 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bulldogs won 73-62. The Bulldogs dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.574 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.489. For those same stats, the Volunteers were 0.159 and 0.413, respectively. Derek Ogbeide put up a double-double in the victory with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
Georgia Bulldogs at Tennessee Volunteers Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Under
- The Volunteers average 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 28th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 102nd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Tennessee ranks 203rd in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while Georgia ranks 254th (18.9).
- Tennessee ranks 36th in assists per game (16.1) while Georgia ranks 205th (12.5).
- The Volunteers rank 111th in steals per game (6.4) while the Bulldogs rank 250th (4.0).
- Georgia averages 39.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 21st in the nation. Tennessee ranks 143rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- The Volunteers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, down from 8.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (0.7 above their season average).