Expect a defensive struggle when the Georgia Bulldogs (13-8, 4-5 SEC) and Mississippi State Bulldogs (16-6, 4-5 SEC) face off at Humphrey Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Preview
In Georgia’s last outing, they defeated the No. 23 Florida Gators, 72-60. Yante Maten was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Georgia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.310 (above their season average of 0.293) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 35.4). For those same stats, Florida put up marks of 0.079 and 29.3, respectively.
Mississippi State will look to keep it rolling after topping the South Carolina Gamecocks in its last matchup, 81-76. Mississippi State was led by Abdul Ado, who finished with 16 points and nine rebounds. Mississippi State’s 0.578 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over South Carolina, who had a mark of 0.458.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after Georgia won the lone game last season, 79-72. Georgia’s 0.538 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Mississippi State, who had a mark of 0.109.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Under
- Mississippi State ranks 13th in blocks per game (5.6) while Georgia ranks 105th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Georgia allows the 14th-fewest assists per game (10.1) while Mississippi State ranks 41st (11.5).
- Mississippi State ranks 76th in steals per game (6.9) while Georgia ranks 232nd (4.2).
- Georgia ranks 16th in rebounds per game (40.2) while Mississippi State ranks 147th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- Mississippi State ranks 125th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while Georgia ranks 229th (18.8).
- Mississippi State’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, Georgia has scored an average of 65.2 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average).