The Georgia Bulldogs (13-9, 4-6 SEC) and the Vanderbilt Commodores (8-15, 2-8 SEC), who both like to play slow, will clash at Memorial Gym. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 132.5 points with Vanderbilt opening as a 3.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Vanderbilt Commodores ATS Preview
The Bulldogs fell to the Mississippi State Bulldogs in their last contest, 72-57. Georgia’s Yante Maten had a solid performance, putting up 13 points and seven rebounds. Mississippi State had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. six), defensive rebounds (25 vs. 14) and total rebounds (37 vs. 20) than Georgia.
In the Commodores last game, they were defeated by the No. 11 Auburn Tigers, 93-81. Jeff Roberson was the games leading scorer with 30 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Auburn forced the Commodores into a turnover percentage of 20.7 (above their season average of 15.3). Vanderbilt, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (15-19; 78.9 percent).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Vanderbilt ranks 304th in possessions per game (67.0) and Georgia is 328th (65.9). Also, the Bulldogs are among the nations elite at getting to the line, ranking 37th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.289). The Commodores, meanhwile, rank 291st in opponents FTA rate (0.277).
Riley LaChance has really been playing well as of late for Vanderbilt, averaging 18.6 points and 3.4 assists over the last five games.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Bulldogs won the sole game last season, 76-68. The Bulldogs played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.415 and a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 8.1. For those same stats, the Commodores were 0.063 and 14.2, respectively.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Vanderbilt Commodores Betting Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Under
- The Commodores rank 17th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Bulldogs rank 122nd (6.3).
- Georgia is 11th in the NCAA with 10.0 assists allowed per game while Vanderbilt is 37th with 11.3 assists allowed per game.
- Vanderbilt ranks 54th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Georgia ranks 232nd (18.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 31st in rebounds per game (39.3) while the Commodores rank 191st (34.4).
- Georgia ranks 33rd in blocks per game (4.8) while Vanderbilt ranks 149th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Commodores average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 64.4 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (3.4 above their season average).