The Massachusetts Minutemen (5-5) can prolong a five-game home winning streak when they square off against the Georgia Bulldogs (7-1) at William D. Mullins Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Network.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Massachusetts Minutemen Betting Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they were victorious over the Winthrop Eagles, 87-82. Yante Maten was Georgia’s high scorer with 25 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Georgia played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 33.9) and a free throw rate of 0.434 (above their season average of 0.317). Winthrop was 25.0 and 0.233, respectively, for those same stats.
The Minutemen will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Providence Friars in their last contest, 72-63. With 30 points on 12-for-16 shooting, Luwane Pipkins was the top scorer from either team. The Minutemen had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.635 (above their season average of 0.511), while the Friars had a free throw rate of 0.193 (below their season average of 0.288).
Massachusetts could dominate on defense as they battle against one of the NCAA’s worst offenses. The Minutemen rank 52nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.468), while Georgia is 267th in effective field goal percentage (0.491) dating back to last season. Additionally, the Bulldogs have been among the nations best at getting to the line, ranking 19th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.313). The Minutemen, meanhwile, rank 310th at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents FTA rate of 0.310.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Massachusetts Minutemen Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 72nd in blocks per game (4.0) while the Minutemen rank 99th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Georgia ranks 178th in steals per game (5.2) while Massachusetts ranks 183rd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Massachusetts ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while Georgia ranks 143rd (21.8).
- The Bulldogs rank 39th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Minutemen rank 139th (13.7).
- Massachusetts ranks 44th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8) while Georgia ranks 114th (34.4).