SEC foes will collide when the LSU Tigers (11-5, 2-2 SEC) clash with the Georgia Bulldogs (11-5, 2-3 SEC) at Pete Maravich Assembly Center. LSU is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 141.5 points. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Georgia Bulldogs at LSU Tigers Betting Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they were beaten by the South Carolina Gamecocks, 64-57. With 25 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Yante Maten was the games leading scorer. South Carolina had a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 17.3). Georgia, on the other hand, held the Gamecocks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.322 (below their season average of 0.478).
The Tigers are hoping for a better outcome after their 74-66 loss to the Alabama Crimson Tide in their last outing. Tremont Waters was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Alabama had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 (above their season average of 28.1). LSU, meanwhile, forced the Crimson Tide into a turnover percentage of 22.6 (above their season average of 17.1).
This battle pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defensesLSU currently ranks 21st in effective field goal percentage (0.569), while Georgia is sixth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.431). Also, the Bulldogs, who rank 35th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 percent), will try to exploit the Tigers, who rank 278th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.6 percent).
Games featuring these teams have typically finished under the O/U total. Georgia games have finished under 61.5 percent of the time, while 61.5 percent of LSU games have gone under. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Bulldogs are 11-5 SU and 7-6 ATS, while the Tigers are 11-5 SU and 7-4-2 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bulldogs won the only contest played against each other last season, 82-80. Georgia made good use of their 25 trips to the free throw line, converting on 20 of them (80.0 percent). LSU, on the other hand, was 17-20 (85.0 percent).
Georgia Bulldogs vs. LSU Tigers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – LSU, ATS Winner – LSU, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank 32nd in blocks per game (5.1) while the Tigers rank 96th (3.6).
- Georgia ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (10.5) while LSU ranks 61st (12.0). Georgia is 3-4 ATS on the road with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- LSU is 3-2-2 ATS at home with 4 unders and 3 overs.
- Georgia ranks 17th in rebounds per game (40.8) while LSU ranks 178th (35.0).
- The Tigers rank 44th in steals per game (7.6) while the Bulldogs rank 197th (4.6).
- LSU ranks 106th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while Georgia ranks 225th (18.6).
- LSU is 3-1-1 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Georgia is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 9.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 62.0 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.8 points per game (4.6 below their season average).