The No. 17 Auburn Tigers (16-2, 4-1 SEC) can lengthen a 10-game home winning streak when they square off against the Georgia Bulldogs (12-5, 3-3 SEC) at Auburn Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Georgia Bulldogs at Auburn Tigers Betting Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they won a close one over the LSU Tigers, 61-60. Yante Maten was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-20 shooting. The Bulldogs held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 32.7). The Tigers had a free throw rate of 0.132 (below their season average of 0.239).
The Tigers are trying to rebound after their 76-71 loss to the Alabama Crimson Tide in their last outing. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Auburn’s DeSean Murray played well. Alabama had a free throw rate of 0.314 (above their season average of 0.289). Auburn, on the other hand, forced the Crimson Tide into a turnover percentage of 23.5 (above their season average of 17.5).
It will be a matchup of conflicting tempos as the up-tempo Tigers (ranked 37th in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Bulldogs (317th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Bulldogs, who rank 29th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.292), will go head-to-head against the Tigers, who rank 286th in opponents FTA rate (0.281).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bulldogs won both meetings played against each other last season. In the last game, Georgia won 79-78. The Bulldogs dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.4 and a free throw rate of 0.234. The Tigers were 16.0 and 0.197, respectively, for those same stats.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Auburn Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank 16th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while the Tigers rank 76th (12.4).
- Auburn averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 60th in the nation. Georgia ranks 77th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Auburn ranks 49th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Georgia ranks 237th (18.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 15th in rebounds per game (40.6) while the Tigers rank 117th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- Auburn averages 6.2 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the nation. Georgia ranks 86th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, down from 12.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 62.0 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.6 points per game (5.5 below their season average).