The Georgetown Hoyas (13-8, 3-7 Big East) will attempt to snap the five-game winning streak of Xavier when they head to Cintas Center to clash against the No. 6 Musketeers (20-3, 8-2 Big East). Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Georgetown Hoyas at Xavier Musketeers Betting Preview
In the Hoyas last game, they were beaten by the Creighton Bluejays, 85-77. With 21 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Jahvon Blair led Georgetown in scoring. Creighton had a much better turnover percentage (15.0 vs. 21.4). Georgetown, on the other hand, held the Bluejays to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.5 (below their season average of 23.1).
The Musketeers come in on a high note after beating the St. John’s Red Storm in their last contest, 73-68. With 14 points on 4-for-16 shooting, Trevon Bluiett led Xavier in scoring. Xavier played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.307) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.1 (below their season average of 31.2). St. John’s put up marks of 0.175 and 13.9, respectively, for those same stats.
A focal point for the Xavier offense is getting to the free throw line. The Musketeers rank 10th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.307), but Georgetown is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 43rd by yielding a FTA rate of 0.190).
Marcus Derrickson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Georgetown, averaging 18.6 points and 8.0 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Musketeers won both matchups last season. In the most recent contest, Xavier won 86-75. The Musketeers played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 35.5 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.720. The Hoyas put up marks of 4.0 and 0.212, respectively, for those same stats.
Georgetown Hoyas vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Over
- The Musketeers rank 31st in rebounds allowed per game (31.5) while the Hoyas rank 84th (33.2).
- Xavier averages 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 137th in the nation. Georgetown ranks 184th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Xavier averages 17.5 assists per game, which ranks 15th in the NCAA. Georgetown ranks 185th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- The Hoyas average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 60th in the nation. The Musketeers rank 147th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Xavier ranks 182nd in three pointers attempted per game (20.7) while Georgetown ranks 241st in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Musketeers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.2, up from 11.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hoyas have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (6.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.0 points per game (9.4 above their season average).