The Georgetown Hoyas (3-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they clash with the Richmond Spiders (0-2) at Robins Center. Georgetown is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 144 points. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Georgetown Hoyas vs. Richmond Spiders ATS Preview
In the Hoyas last matchup, they dismantled the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 83-57. With 23 points and 14 rebounds, Georgetowns Jessie Govan played well. Georgetown played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.595. Maryland Eastern Shore was 17.8 and 0.347, respectively, for those same stats.
The Spiders are hoping for a better outcome after their 94-61 loss to the Jacksonville State Gamecocks in their last contest. With 13 points and six rebounds, Richmonds Grant Golden had a good game. Jacksonville State won the rebounding battle. The Gamecocks had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. seven), defensive rebounds (28 vs. 13) and total rebounds (42 vs. 20).
Richmond could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Richmond ranks 35th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while Georgetown has forced the 79th-fewest turnovers (17.5 percent).
The Hoyas are 17-18 straight up (SU) and 10-20 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Georgetown games have finished under the projected point total 56.7 percent of the time since last season.
The Spiders, on the other hand, have records of 20-14 SU and 18-17-1 ATS since last season. Just over half of Richmonds games have finished over the O/U total over that same period.
Georgetown Hoyas vs. Richmond Spiders ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hoyas average 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 47th in the NCAA. The Spiders rank 193rd in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Richmond ranks 85th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while Georgetown ranks 226th (6.8).
- Georgetown ranks 47th in blocks per game (4.7) while Richmond ranks 282nd (2.0).
- The Hoyas rank 128th in rebounds per game (36.5) while the Spiders rank 312th (30.4).
- Richmond ranks 104th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while Georgetown ranks 253rd (18.8).