The No. 15 Xavier Musketeers (4-0) and the George Washington Colonials (2-2) clash in the Las Vegas Invitational at Orleans Arena. Action starts at 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017.
George Washington Colonials vs. Xavier Musketeers Odds Preview
In the Colonials last matchup, they lost a close one to the Rider Broncs, 67-65. George Washingtons Yuta Watanabe finished with 16 points, 13 rebounds and six blocks in the game. Rider had a better turnover percentage (9.7 vs. 14.4). George Washington, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (7-10; 70.0 percent).
The Musketeers come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Hampton Pirates in their last outing, 96-60. With 21 points on 7-for-9 shooting, Trevon Bluiett was the games leading scorer. Xavier played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.475 (above their season average of 0.405) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.576 (below their season average of 0.663). For those same stats, Hampton put up marks of 0.191 and 0.346, respectively.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. Xavier ranks 261st in possessions per game (68.0) and George Washington is 314th (66.2) dating back to last season.
George Washington Colonials vs. Xavier Musketeers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – George Washington, ATS Winner – George Washington, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Musketeers rank 171st in steals per game (6.0) while the Colonials rank 214th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Xavier allows the 18th-fewest rebounds per game (31.3) while George Washington ranks 50th (32.8).
- George Washington ranks 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Xavier ranks 227th (22.5).
- The Musketeers average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 60th in the nation. The Colonials rank 230th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- George Washington ranks 63rd in blocks per game (4.2) while Xavier ranks 182nd in blocks allowed per game (3.7).