The George Washington Colonials (9-11, 2-5 A10) will attempt to snap their eight-game road losing streak when they clash with the St. Bonaventure Bonnies (13-6, 3-4 A10), who look to lengthen their six-game home winning streak. St. Bonaventure opened as a 12-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 136 points. Tip-off is set for 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 28, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Network.
George Washington Colonials vs. St. Bonaventure Bonnies ATS Preview
In the Colonials last game, they were blown out by the VCU Rams, 87-63. With 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Yuta Watanabe was the games leading scorer. VCU out-rebounded George Washington. The Rams had 12 offensive rebounds and 34 total rebounds, while the Colonials had six and 22, respectively.
The Bonnies come in on a high note after edging the Saint Joseph’s Hawks in their last outing, 70-67. Courtney Stockard played a pivotal role for St. Bonaventure with 15 points and 13 rebounds. The Bonnies, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.7, had a ridiculous mark of 36.8 and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.476 vs. 0.440).
St. Bonaventure could put on a ball-control clinic in this battle. St. Bonaventure ranks 55th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while George Washington forces the 86th-fewest turnovers (17.7 percent).
Of George Washington’s 16 games with betting action, eight have finished over the projected point total, while 9 of St. Bonaventure’s 16 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bonnies have a sizable advantage. They are 13-6 SU and 7-9 ATS, while the Colonials are 9-11 SU and 6-10 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Colonials won the only game played against each other last season, 76-70. The Colonials dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.500 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0. For those same stats, the Bonnies were 0.311 and 22.5, respectively.
George Washington Colonials at St. Bonaventure Bonnies Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – George Washington, O/U – Over
- The Bonnies rank 48th in steals per game (7.3) while the Colonials rank 149th (5.8).
- On the road, George Washington is 2-7 ATS with 5 unders and 4 overs.
- St. Bonaventure is 3-3 ATS at home with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- George Washington ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.9) while St. Bonaventure ranks 200th (23.4).
- The Colonials rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Bonnies rank 150th (4.1).
- St. Bonaventure ranks 136th in rebounds per game (35.9) while George Washington ranks 247th (32.5).
- St. Bonaventure is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, George Washington is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Bonnies have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, St. Bonaventure has defeated opponents by an average of 6.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 63.2 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (7.5 above their season average).