The George Washington Colonials (10-14, 3-8 A10) can end a nine-game road losing streak when they clash with the George Mason Patriots (10-14, 4-7 A10) at EagleBank Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
George Washington Colonials at George Mason Patriots Odds Preview
In the Colonials last contest, they beat the La Salle Explorers, 80-69. Yuta Watanabe was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 11-for-20 shooting. George Washington dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.7 (better than their season average of 17.1) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 29.9). For those same stats, La Salle was 19.8 and 30.8, respectively.
The Patriots are trying to rebound after their 67-66 loss to the Fordham Rams in their last game. With 15 points and seven rebounds, Ian Boyd played well for George Mason. Fordham had a turnover percentage of 14.2 (better than their season average of 17.7). George Mason, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 27.9).
George Mason could have trouble getting to the free throw line in this contest. The Patriots currently rank 201st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.232, while George Washington ranks 17th in FTA rate allowed (0.176).
These teams have already met once this season. The Colonials won 80-68. The Colonials played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.9 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6. For those same stats, the Patriots recorded marks of 25.3 and 22.7, respectively. Terry Nolan Jr. was a top performer in the victory, with 18 points, six assists and six steals.
George Washington Colonials vs. George Mason Patriots ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – George Mason, ATS Winner – George Mason, O/U – Over
- The Colonials rank 190th in assists per game (12.8) while the Patriots rank 237th (11.6).
- George Mason ranks 124th in steals per game (6.2) while George Washington ranks 129th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- George Washington ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while George Mason ranks 259th (24.9).
- The Colonials rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Patriots rank 190th (4.6).
- George Mason ranks 114th in rebounds per game (36.2) while George Washington ranks 245th (32.7).
- The Patriots average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 5.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (7.0 above their season average).