The Penn State Nittany Lions (7-3) will be at home in Bryce Jordan Center when they challenge the George Washington Colonials (5-4). Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
George Washington Colonials at Penn State Nittany Lions Odds Preview
The last time the Colonials played, they were victorious over the Princeton Tigers, 71-60. Jair Bolden was the games high scorer with 25 points on 8-for-15 shooting. George Washington dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.291 (above their season average of 0.194) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 54.5 (above their season average of 32.0). Princeton was 0.061 and 29.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Nittany Lions are trying to rebound after their 64-63 loss to the Wisconsin Badgers in their last game. Mike Watkins was the games high scorer with 22 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Wisconsin held the Nittany Lions to an effective field goal percentage of 0.375 (below their season average of 0.524). Penn State, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (21-25; 84.0 percent).
This contest should be a showdown of conflicting tempos. Dating back to last season, Penn State has preferred to play up-tempo (55th in possessions per game), while George Washington has been more half-court-oriented (327th in possessions per game).
The Nittany Lions won the sole game against the Colonials last season, 74-68. The Nittany Lions dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.3 and a solid free throw rate of 0.317. The Colonials were 19.4 and 0.268, respectively, for those same stats.
George Washington Colonials at Penn State Nittany Lions ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Penn State, ATS Winner – Penn State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Nittany Lions average 13.8 assists per game, which ranks 132nd in the NCAA. The Colonials rank 190th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- George Washington ranks 39th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while Penn State ranks 94th (37.7).
- Penn State ranks fifth in steals per game (7.5) while George Washington ranks 224th (5.4).
- The Colonials rank 67th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Nittany Lions rank 234th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- George Washington ranks 187th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while Penn State ranks 277th (20.0).