The George Mason Patriots (9-13, 3-6 A10) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of Richmond when they head to Robins Center to take on the Spiders (8-13, 6-3 A10). Tip-off is set for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Network.
George Mason Patriots vs. Richmond Spiders Odds Preview
In the Patriots last contest, they fell to the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 85-69. With 30 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Otis Livingston II led George Mason in scoring. St. Bonaventure had an effective field goal percentage of 0.724 (above their season average of 0.500). George Mason, on the other hand, held the Bonnies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 31.0).
The Spiders hope to maintain momentum after edging the Davidson Wildcats in their last game, 66-63. Nick Sherod played well for Richmond, contributing 10 points and 14 rebounds. The Spiders had a solid turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 16.2) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.544 (above their season average of 0.510).
George Mason could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Richmond ranks 96th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.6 percent), while George Mason forces the 41st-fewest turnovers (16.6 percent).
Sherod has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Richmond, averaging 17.0 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Patriots won both matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, George Mason won 93-70. The Patriots dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.537 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 36.0. For those same stats, the Spiders put up marks of 0.062 and 13.2, respectively.
George Mason Patriots at Richmond Spiders Odds Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – George Mason, ATS Winner – George Mason, O/U – Over
- The Patriots rank 167th in rebounds per game (35.3) while the Spiders rank 274th (30.3).
- Richmond ranks 163rd in blocks per game (2.7) while George Mason ranks 173rd in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Richmond ranks 60th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while George Mason ranks 229th (24.5).
- The Spiders rank 76th in assists per game (15.2) while the Patriots rank 238th (11.3).
- Richmond ranks 38th in steals per game (7.6) while George Mason ranks 146th (5.9).
- The Spiders have outscored opponents by an average of 7.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Richmond has lost by an average of 4.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Patriots have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.0 points per game (8.4 above their season average).