The Wright State Raiders (1-3) will be at home in Ervin J. Nutter Center when they go head-to-head with the Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs (2-3). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 149.5 points with Wright State opening as a 4-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs vs. Wright State Raiders Free Preview
The Runnin Bulldogs had no trouble getting past the Brevard College Tornados in their last contest, 93-70. David Efianayi was the games high scorer with 28 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Gardner-Webb played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.217 (above their season average of 0.116) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 (above their season average of 27.9). Brevard College put up marks of 0.098 and 18.9, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Raiders last matchup, they blew out the Tiffin Dragons, 73-49. Wright States Justin Mitchell had a good game, recording 15 points, six rebounds and five assists. Wright State played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.266 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 14.0 (better than their season average of 21.1). Tiffin was 0.056 and 28.9, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Wright State offense. Dating back to last season, Wright State ranks 311th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.9 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Gardner-Webb has forced the 75th-most turnovers in the nation (20.5 percent).
Since last season, the Runnin Bulldogs are 21-17 straight up (SU) and 4-1 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has had a tendency to set the total low when Gardner-Webb is involved since last season as 75.0 percent of their games have finished over the O/U total.
Meanwhile, the Raiders, have records of 21-15 SU and 16-17 ATS since last season. Vegas has had a tendency to set the total low when Wright State has been involved over that same time frame as 60.6 percent of their games have finished over the projected point total.
Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs vs. Wright State Raiders ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Gardner-Webb, ATS Winner – Gardner-Webb, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Raiders rank 109th in assists per game (14.4) while the Runnin Bulldogs rank 206th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- Gardner-Webb averages 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 53rd in the NCAA. Wright State ranks 57th in rebounds allowed per game (33.0).
- Wright State ranks 98th in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while Gardner-Webb ranks 301st (17.3).
- The Runnin Bulldogs average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the nation. The Raiders rank 203rd in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Gardner-Webb ranks 151st in blocks per game (3.4) while Wright State ranks 267th (2.2).