The Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs (3-7) can snap a six-game road losing streak when they take on the Maryland Terrapins (8-3) at Xfinity Center. Tip-off is set for 12:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs at Maryland Terrapins Betting Preview
In the Runnin Bulldogs last matchup, they lost big to the Auburn Tigers, 80-55. Gardner-Webbs David Efianayi had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-14 shooting. Auburn had an offensive rebounding percentage of 54.8 (above their season average of 36.9). Gardner-Webb, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.161 vs. 0.129).
The Terrapins come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Ohio Bobcats in their last game, 87-62. Maryland rallied around Kevin Huerter, who was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 6-for-11 shooting. The Terrapins held the Bobcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.3 (below their season average of 22.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.392 (below their season average of 0.522).
The aggressive Maryland offense seems poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Terrapins rank 40th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.325, while Gardner-Webb ranks 260th in FTA rate allowed (0.252).
Huerter has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Maryland, averaging 14.4 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game.
Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs at Maryland Terrapins Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Maryland, ATS Winner – Maryland, O/U – Under
- The Terrapins rank 37th in blocks per game (5.5) while the Runnin Bulldogs rank 168th (1.9).
- Maryland ranks 128th in rebounds per game (40.0) while Gardner-Webb ranks 149th in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- Gardner-Webb ranks 19th in steals per game (6.8) while Maryland ranks 228th (5.1).
- The Terrapins rank 31st in assists allowed per game (11.0) while the Runnin Bulldogs rank 209th (15.8).
- Maryland ranks 126th in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while Gardner-Webb ranks 282nd (21.9).
- The Terrapins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, down from 13.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin Bulldogs have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average).