The Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (12-14, 7-6 BigSou) look to end a five-game road losing streak when they take on the Liberty Flames (15-11, 6-7 BigSou) at Vines Center. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs vs. Liberty Flames Odds Preview
In the Runnin’ Bulldogs last matchup, they fell to the Campbell Fighting Camels, 78-70. DJ Laster had a good performance for Gardner-Webb, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 8-for-10 shooting. Campbell had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 16.7). Gardner-Webb, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (16-20; 80.0 percent).
The Flames are hoping for a better outcome after their 87-75 loss to the Charleston Southern Buccaneers in their last outing. Lovell Cabbil was Liberty’s leading scorer with 15 points on 4-for-8 shooting. Charleston Southern’s offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over Liberty. The Buccaneers had a rate of 15.0 (below their season average of 32.3), while the Flames posted a mark of 8.7 (below their season average of 25.6).
It could be a difficult game for Liberty on the offensive glass. The Flames are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 295th in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.1 percent. Meanwhile, Gardner-Webb ranks 75th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 74.0 percent. Furthermore, the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 279th in offensive efficiency (100.9), while the Flames rank 51st in defensive efficiency (97.5).
These teams have already met once this season. The Runnin’ Bulldogs won 58-55. Gardner-Webb had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.407). Liberty, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (11-13; 84.6 percent). Liam O’Reilly was the games top overall scorer with 27 points.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs vs. Liberty Flames Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Gardner-Webb, ATS Winner – Gardner-Webb, O/U – Over
- The Flames rank 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 92nd (3.3).
- Gardner-Webb averages 21.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 175th in the NCAA. Liberty ranks 242nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- Liberty ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.4) while Gardner-Webb ranks 153rd (34.8).
- The Flames average 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 96th in the NCAA. The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 187th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Liberty ranks 120th in assists per game (14.1) while Gardner-Webb ranks 209th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The Flames average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 8.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Bulldogs have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (6.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (6.0 below their season average).