BigSou foes will collide when the Campbell Fighting Camels (6-7, 0-1 BigSou) challenge the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (6-8, 1-0 BigSou) at John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs vs. Campbell Fighting Camels Odds Preview
The Runnin’ Bulldogs won a close one over the Liberty Flames in their last matchup, 58-55. Liam O’Reilly was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Gardner-Webb’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Liberty. The Runnin’ Bulldogs had a rate of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.522), while the Flames posted a mark of 0.407 (below their season average of 0.546).
The last time the Fighting Camels played, they were topped by the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 85-79. Chris Clemons was the games high scorer with 25 points on 9-for-18 shooting. UNC Asheville did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (19-23; 82.6 percent). Campbell, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 19.0).
Campbell should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Fighting Camels currently rank 41st in offensive efficiency, while the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 222nd in defensive efficiency.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Runnin’ Bulldogs won the last matchup 80-68. The Runnin’ Bulldogs played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.327 and a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.653. The Fighting Camels had marks of 0.218 and 0.509, respectively, for those same stats.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs at Campbell Fighting Camels ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Campbell, ATS Winner – Campbell, O/U – Under
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs average 37.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 93rd in the NCAA. The Fighting Camels rank 142nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- Campbell ranks 51st in blocks per game (4.6) while Gardner-Webb ranks 90th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Campbell ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while Gardner-Webb ranks 210th (24.2).
- The Fighting Camels rank 34th in assists per game (17.0) while the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 207th in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- Campbell ranks 65th in steals per game (7.2) while Gardner-Webb ranks 157th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Fighting Camels average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 10.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Bulldogs have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (8.5 below their season average).